ItemForge MMO Shop is recruiting content writers/managers for the upcoming Diablo games and other titles we currently do not have in our shop.
- A lot of freedom and/or flexible hours.
- Long term: this job is for years - the game may change, but the players remain the same!
- Wide variety of interesting tasks, no day is the same.
- Challenging projects for the brightest.
- 30 paid days off (of your choice) a year so you can celebrate holidays of your country/religion and/or take vacation(s).
- Attention to details.
- Passion for MMO games.
- Ability to read, adapt and learn fast (games change all the time, you need to stay up to date).
- Minimum 20-40h a week (many positions have flexible hours).
- At least communicative English (content creators need professional level).
- Stable internet + PC able to handle the newest MMO games.
- Striving to improve and be better every day.
- Never making the same mistake twice.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Ability to focus on task at hand without tunnel vision.
You will NOT be a great fit if:
- You didn't spend at least a few thousands hours playing computer games (you must communicate and think like a gamer).
- You use default settings and your computer usage is limited to browsing web pages (weak API experience).
- You are not able to dedicate the best hours of your day to this work or need a close supervision (you are not able to motivate yourself).
Content Management (CM)
Every CM position will have a wide range of tasks and responsibilities but the main theme of them all is product management, expect to do that at least 75% of the time. You will be creating content that potentially thousands of people will read so it must be perfect. You need to write it like a reporter (wiki style), stick to the facts and relevant info, not opinions or wall of text. Advanced English, precision and attention to details are the most important skills for those positions so if you can't put five sentences together without making a typo, look for a job elsewhere.
CONTENT MANAGER 20+ flexible hours a week (4-7$ / hour- about 500-1000$ / month)
Special requirements: 99% correct English and attention to details.
- Adding statistical/mathematical data to descriptions (hard ctrl+v).
- Replicating/updating offer on different marketplaces (auctions) and finding new channels of sales/supply.
- Summarizing guides (excerpt).
- Proofreading and testing shop in general.
- (optional path) Managing social media and community.
Nobody with a few years of daily computer/internet usage should have any problem with using different API(s) to do mostly ctrl+v. You will not be asked to create anything but to fit existing text into a different layout with no errors or to re-write a wall of text into a short guide (minimum words, maximum info).
Specialization will take you on a slightly different path but the base requirements and responsibilities will remain the same. Creating your own catalog will be available to you only after you prove yourself by working as a basic CM first.
Need all of the following information in your offer, failing to provide a clear answer to any of the topics will most likely cause your application to be auto-declined.
1. Which position are you applying for, why that one? Which responsibility do you find the most/the least appealing? What will you be doing most of the time (what do you think this position is all about)?
2. Typing speed (words/strokes per minute via 10fastfingers - best out of 3).
3. Experience in online gaming industry and Diablo knowledge.
4. MMO accomplishments (only list impressive things that take thousands of hours).
5. Weekly and yearly availability (how many hours and days per week you want to work and for order delivery positions, also how many hours you will be available).
6. Preferred trial and long-term hourly price.
7. Can you play without ping issues on servers located in Europe and America? (try D3 trial and make some levels on BOTH game modes).
8. Cover letter (Why do you want this job? What makes you the right fit? Why should we give you a chance?).
9. Previous work experience and where you are from.
10. PC & internet specifications.