Development of an overall system architecture and code design, participated in implementation, installation and testing. Was actively involved in a design cycle with internal groups and corporate customers. Acted a liaison between internal development group and target customers. Responsible for development of the Middleware between Web Server and CICS Server using CICS Transaction Gateway and Visual Age Enterprise Access Builder EPI interface.
Developed non-functional HTML, CSS pages from the mock ups and involved in UI review with UI architect and Business Units.
• Implemented Spring MVC framework in the presentation tier for all the essential control flow, business level validations and for communicating with the business layer.
• Performed form validations on the UI using Spring Validation framework.
• Developed code using Design Patterns like DAO, Factory Pattern, Singleton and Value Objects.
• Implemented Spring MVC controllers like Controller, Simple Form Controller and Multi Action Controller.
• Connected to Data Sources and performed operations using Spring Data framework features like Spring JDBC and Spring ORM.
• Configured the POJOs with backend tables in Hibernate to achieve the associations.
• Integrated Spring DAO for data access using Hibernate to fetch data from database and avoid redundant database access statements.
Head of DevOps
Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
• Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
• Worked on automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins and Chef.
• Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
• Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
• Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
• Creating Cloudwatch alerts for instances and using them in Autoscaling launch configurations.
• Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling. • Created new Chef Cookbooks and updated existing ones to automate deployments.
• Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef.
• Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
• Analyzed the current stack, load and cost to brainstorm architecture in order to reduce the footprint and cost.
• Automated application packaging and deployments though Chef.
• Worked on API Gateway Integration between Salesforce and the App team.
• Worked on Integration and Production AWS environments.
• Created Password Less Authentication between EC2 servers (Cloud) and DDE servers (On-prem).
• Provided support for AWS EC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
• Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
• Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
• Configured SPLUNK Alerts and created Dashboards for Monitoring.
• Implemented Chef recipes for automated orchestration of Cassandra clusters.
• Worked on Upgrading Cassandra from old 2.x to 3.0 version.
• Created Cassandra ELB and tested from Tableau.
• implementing EC2 backup strategies by creating EBS snapshots and attaching the volume to EC2 instances.
• Utilized OpsCenter and Splunk to monitor & troubleshoot Cassandra related issues.
• Deployment of Apps in Marathon and Chronos.
• Rehydrating AMI's of all the servers to the latest release every 60 days.
• Worked on DR Strategy by Failover to US-WEST from US-EAST and
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Fedora, CentOS,Ubuntu
Database: Oracle 10.x, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Scripting Languages: Bash, Python, Unix Shell,
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, RDS, ElastiCache, IAM,SSM)
Big Data: Kafka, Zookeeper, Confluent Kafka, Elastic Search
Automation/Build Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Chef
Monitoring tools: Splunk, CloudWatch, DataDog, Wireshark, Zabbix, Icinga2
Containerisation - Docker & Kubernates
Languages:Languages: Java,Perl, PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, JDBC,JNDI, Java Beans, JMS, Web Services, SOAP, Restful
Web Technologies: JSP, Servlets, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, XML, JSON, AJAX & JQuery.
Frameworks/Tools: Spring, Hibernate, MVC Architecture, Web Services, AXIS, Jersey, Log4j, Maven, JUnit, TestNG.
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, IIS Server
IDEs/tools: Spring Source, JIRA, GIT, SVN.