The company is an early-stage B2B SaaS startup with the intention to be global, and remote, from day one. It was founded in 2019 by an ex-Airbnb and Forbes 30 Under 30 recipient.
Our platform is in development, but it will primarily (i) allow employees to raise issues or elevate feedback to their managers or other teams, and (ii) allows managers to easily view the major issues impacting their team, assign accountability or respond directly, invite people to the issue, and ultimately resolve it, in fast transparent way. Kind of like 'Jira for people managers'.
--- THE ROLE ---
We are looking for a full stack developer (strong front-end, with sufficient back-end understanding) to help lead the technical side of the business. You will work with founder and technical lead to help own the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We are a startup, so you will need to be taking a generalist approach to the job and be comfortable wearing a few different hats. As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Ambitious, less experienced applicants can be considered if they can demonstrate good levels of technical competency, and aptitude for 'startup grind'.
--- RESPONSIBILITIES —-
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design, including a beautiful, elegant website (note: we will have a web version as well as a desktop app)
- Design, lead and implement client-side and server-side architecture
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
—- REQUIREMENTS —-
- 3+ years of relevant experience in coding and building web applications (full stack experience is a bonus)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree preferably in Computer Science
- Experience working with a small team of engineers on the same codebase
- Strong proficiency and experience working with front-end languages (Vue.js, vuetify)
- Proficiency and experience in one or more backend server languages (Laravel)
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- A strong appreciation and understanding of UI and UX fundamentals and possibly even product strategy
- Great attention to detail, organisational skills and an analytical mind
—- BONUS EXPERIENCE —-
- Experience working with an early-stage startup
- Experience growing and leading a small team of engineers
- Experience in statistics and correlation analysis